Issue of Free License
Free Licences are issued to:
- Vehicles that belong to the Sri Lankan government or a Provincial Council in Sri Lanka
- Vehicle which belongs to a foreign diplomat who is in Sri Lanka
License Authority is Provincial Motor Traffic Department of Western Province
- Registration Certificate of Vehicle or The Extract containing particulars of the Vehicle issued by the Commissioner of Motor Traffic (CMT-76 or MTA-11 ) or a Certified Photo Copy of the C.R approved by a financial organization.
- MTS-2 which is certified by the relevant Head of Department or Head of Institution.
- Valid Vehicle Insurance Policy Certificates.
- Fitness Certificates for Commercial Vehicles.
- Valid Emission certificate
*Certificate of Insurance (not mandatory)
*MTS-2 form should be presented when there is no valid Insurance Certificate.
*MTS-2 form should be certified by the vehicle owner or the Head of the Institution using the official signature and official seal.